See the release notes here: [[http://sourcemage.org/projects/sorcery/wiki/ReleaseNotes1150]]
Highlights from LynxLynxLynx:¶
- sorcery queue and queue-security are now much faster by avoiding disk IO (~10 times in my case) and optionally (default: VERBOSE_QUEUING=on) more verbose. It displays all the reasons why the particular spell is being put into the queue. For security updates it states if there was more than one.
- as a side effect, also cast -Z is much faster when searching for possible updates (look it up, it is very handy)
- partly improved resurrect: better resurrection and its integration into the casting process
- a new tool (called resurrect) specifically for dealing with resurrecting (downgrades, upgrades, cache manipulation)
- timing functionality. It can be accessed via gaze time, gaze time-system and their subcommands. The functions print various casting times. Especially gaze time --full can be useful for estimating future casting time.
- the spell's FINAL outputs are duplicated at the end of cast
- when a spell fails, a short reason for the failure is displayed in the summary
- improved cleanup algorithm when a spell fails in the dependency resolution part of cast
- conflicts and security questions are now asked during the dependency resolution phase
- the conflicts are then dispelled right before the spell is cast or resurrected
IMPORTANT: To get any of the benefits of staging, you need to install castfs.
IMPORTANT: Don't forget there is now a new cool tool called resurrect.
This release also marks a new development stream, so if you want to work on any (new) features, the time is right. Bugzilla, users and me are full of ideas. There are already a few projects submitted to bugzilla, but most need a bit more work and polish. In any case, there's plenty of fun or painful stuff to work on and I'd gladly help with any of it.
My plan for 1.16 is to work on (more or less) what is filed on bugzilla/chillizila, especially if it has attachments. And maybe the completion of improved resurrect.
Also available in: Atom